Voiceover can play a significant part in how successful your video is. The voice of narration is as important as the content of the video itself.
Sometimes, it’s the voice that catches and keeps the attention of listeners. If people get bored from the onset or somewhere in-between, there is no chance they will listen to what you have to say, no matter how true or quality the content is.
This is why audio content creators spend a fortune on hiring professional voiceover artists, but you do not have to. There are many tools and applications that you can use to add voiceover to your video without breaking the bank.
For instance, with TextVoicer, you can bring life into your video by generating a radio-friendly voiceover that will certainly ensure your listener’s listening span lasts the entire video.
TextVoicer allows you to create and add a compelling voiceover to your video within minutes.
You no longer have to go through the agony of editing your voice, restarting the voiceover after an error, and so many other burdensome processes that can drain the life out of the eventual output.
In this blog, we will comprehensively walk through the steps to successfully add a voiceover to your video.
These steps can be used for any type of video you want to create like tutorial videos, YouTube videos, explainer, sales, educational, and training videos, among many others.
Prepare the Words of your Voiceover
We all know the first thing to do when it comes to adding voiceovers to video is to get the voiceover ready.
Therefore, write your speech down. If you feel comfortable scribbling it down first, that’s okay; but get your ideas down first. You will have to type it out on your device in the end, but get it out of you first.
You can brainstorm, check out some previous voiceovers and draw inspiration from there.
Choose your Text-to-Speech Tool
The next step is to choose your text-to-speech tool. The application will help convert the text into a human voice that will be suitable for your type of video.
There are many text-to-speech tools that you can use. This blog will make use of TextVoicer because of its extensive features and user-friendly interface.
Besides those, here are a few reasons why TextVoicer is one of the best text-to-speech websites to use:
- Online Text Editor: After writing your speech and getting all your ideas down, you would likely have made an error. No worries! The TextVoicer AI software can run a precise check on your text and edit it in the right places. It can add punctuation marks where appropriate to make it sound natural.
- 40+ Languages with 200+ Intonations and Voices to Choose From: TextVoicer has a wide range of languages and voices to choose from. This is so you can have many choices to choose from depending on the type of video you want to add voiceover to. You can add US English with many variations, Indian and British English, Canadian and German French, etc.
- Seamless Integration into Other Video Creation Software: What’s a good text-to-speech tool if you can’t use it on popular video creation software like Adobe Premiere, iMovie, Camtasia etc.?
- Breathing and Pauses: Breathing sounds ensure the voice you add to your video sounds non-robotic. You can also add pauses where necessary or leave it to the AI engine to decide when to.
- Voice Tones: Sometimes, to add a professional voice to a video, it needs to sound different from a normal voice. With TextVoicer, you can let your voiceover sound normal, serious, or joyous.
- Change Speech Speed and Pitch: You can also customise the speech with the speed or pitch.
Copy Text to your Text-to-Speech Platform
Now that you may have chosen your preferred text-to-speech tool, the next is to copy and paste the words of your voiceover.
It is as simple as copying and pasting.
Choose Preferred Voice
Next, choose your preferred voice. There are more than 200 to choose from. You can scroll through, trying each of them out till you find the right one for your voiceover and video.
You can also choose either a female or male voice.
Also, you can select the voice tone you want your voiceover to resonate. Remember, your voiceover as a lot to do in your video.
Beyond narration, it will communicate the mood of the video. Therefore, you should choose the right one that suits the type of video you have created.
You can also edit some other settings like the breathing and pausing, speech speed and pitch.
Generate and Download
The next step is to generate the voice and download it. TextVoicer will push the voiceover out in .mp3 to make it easier to be used on any video creating platform.
You can play it as many times as possible and try out other voices to find the perfect one.
Add to your Video
The final step is to add the voiceover you have created and downloaded to your video. In most video creating apps, you will tap the audio option, and go to the folder where your downloaded voiceover is.
With these steps, you will be able to create and add an error-free, smooth, and natural professional voice to your video.